Monday, May 25, 2009

May update

We have started our final* addition. Our own home has probably been my greatest challenge in building design, it has become such a hotch potch with all the additions we have done it is really difficult to 'bring it all together'. A tiny budget probably doesn't help but hopefully we will get there and end up with a place that works. When I look back at what I have put Annemarie through, from falling through a floorless room while pregnant to lifting beams while dinner is cooking, I think she has been amazing and I am very proud of her.
Anemaries building knowledge has really grown too. She supervised our footing stage, running around checking concrete depths and stump set out, levels and plumb while Dad, Pete and I provided the muscle. Dad is still going strong at 72 as well...
* Subject to verification. Excludes a future new home or unit developments.


Sorry all, bit of a proud parent moment. Rachel did very well at cross country this year. Last year she was fourth in her level for the school and went on to district to get 17th from 64. This year she got second in her school then went on to 12th at district. I suspect she may have gotten a bit tied up in the crowd at the start at district but no doubt tactics will come with experience. I have been running with her for training and we have gone from 2 kms in 14 minutes with several rests (on a hilly route) to 4kms in 24 minutes non stop. In this photo she is running in second with the school captain on lap one at the school comp, with third and fourth only just coming into view at the top of the hill.


Jenna gave a bit of a home made puppet show for mothers day
Ben is getting into climbing a bit now.

We go back a few weeks now to a quick break we had down the beach.
Ben had to look after his little sister here.
Sunny but cool at Cape Paterson
The kids have discovered that its not as cold snorkelling if you go on Dads back.


Ben still loves looking for crabs, this is an unusual hairy one.

Getting a surf lesson from Dad (might be a bit of the blind leading the blind!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Well done Rachel on your result on cross country :)

Christiaan