Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Europe #6

Well things have slowed down for us now and we are relaxing doing more casual sight seeing now. Here we are in Delft with Christiaan and Huen (I hope I am spelling all these names right, sorry if I'm not).

In Vollendam. Raw herring is a craved delicacy here. Not bad, I could imagine getting into it, but like a few things I think its just too different to instantly love. I don't think I have quite done the full head back scoff here either. Note Annemarie has not been photographed doing it...


Febo, the croquet take away chain that Chris has worked for since the early days in the 60's.

Lots of bridges have to tilt or swivel to allow boats to pass in the canals. The silver Opel Zafira in the foreground is the hire car we have now, which is certainly easier to drive around now. Thats Tim next to the blue car in front.


A nice day at Madurodam, a tourist site with I think 1:50 scale models of all the famous and not so famous buildings and sites in Holland. It was fascinating and we had a great day.

Madurodam had lots of big carp in the canals (they certainly weren't to scale) that helped keep it interesting for the kids.
Jennas birthday, with the cousins

30 of the family here turned up in the afternoon for dinner and we had a great time. Lots of singing from the dutchies! You can see the log cabins we are staying in. No Colorbond roofs here!

Jenna and Aiden

No comments: